Thursday, January 31, 2013

Birthday Boy

I said that I would give you the details of how the birthday went so here they are...

Melody from work is the nicest person in the entire world!! I dont have my own car because im stupid and havent gotten one yet, and Melody gave me her car for the night so that I could take the boy out for his birthday. So once I got home from work I had a couple things to get and had to get dressed because I was wearing a dress and I didnt want to be wearing a dress when we went out.
So I drove to his place and I gave him his cake along with a stuffed dog. Yes I bought him a stuffed animal just because I know he wants a dog and I wanted to be cheesy just like him.
We went out to The Cactus Club on MacLeod Trail and I got a steak and potatoes, and seriously it was so good! I think that this is now one of my new favorite places to eat. The potatoes were the best that I think I've ever had!! He ordered Butternut Squash Ravioli with Prongs, and he said it was really good. It was funny though because when they brought us our food, they automatically thought that I was the one who got the Ravioli and that he got the Steak. This was stereotyping at its finest! Not only did they assume the food was gender specific, but they also at the end when they brought the bill they set it beside him and not me... I was the one who was paying for it, but the stereotype is that the guy pays. I am not a big fan of stereotypes, and I seriously thought it was pretty funny that they just assumed. 
Other than the food being great, the entire time that we were there was just amazing! I seriously cannot get enough of this guy. I love being around him, and I love the way he makes me feel. There was a certain topic of conversation that we talked about which Im not going to write about just yet, but it was the best part of my night! He has this way of just making me smile without actually having to do a thing.
After dinner we just went back to his place and hung out for a bit. We talked about a lot of things, and I opened up about my past and things Ive had to overcome and he was so understanding and not judgemental which is great! I have this fear of people defining who I am by what Ive done and them not being able to get past it. But he honestly didnt care at all. Well I wouldnt say he didnt care at all, he was ok with the fact that I wasnt and that Im not a perfect person.
This is one thing that I really like about him, he and I are able to just sit there and talk for what seems like the shortest amount of time, and hours have actually passed but we dont even realize it.
It was snowing when we were out and the roads were a little slick and so this made me a little nervous because I didnt want anything to happen in Melodys car, so I made sure I didnt leave right away. As we were talking we both started to fall asleep, and I was trying really hard to stay awake because the last thing that I needed was to fall asleep and not wake up before work and Melody be stranded at home because I had her car. After almost an hour of dozing off I got enough strength to leave. It was close to 130am when I left, and I had quite a ways to go. I was lucky that all the snow had melted off the road and it was an easy drive home. I got home and seriously the moment my head hit the pillow I was out! So I only ended up getting about 4 hours of sleep, which really isnt enough for me, but if I had to do it again I would. It was so worth it knowing that he had a great birthday and that he was happy! I am so happy that I got to help make his day a memorable one.
Overall I would say that last night was a success! This was the first time that Ive ever dated anyone for their birthday, and for real it was stressing me out because I was worried that I wouldnt be able to make his birthday a good one, but from the help of friends, it was made possible to put a smile on his face! I have a feeling this will be the first of many things to come! : )


Watch Out Barry! (j/k??)

No comments: