Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Few Little Things Im Grateful For...

Today is Wednesday and I must say that Wednesdays are my second favorite day of the week! Wednesday marks the middle of the week and once I get to this day I feel as if the rest of the week will just fly by, and it normally does. This week has seriously gone quite fast! I have been really busy at work learning new things and it has been great! I seriously love my job! This is something I didnt have for a long time. I never came home happy, and I never woke up happy... Dont get me wrong, when my alarm goes off in the morning Im not really the happiest about getting up, but once Im up and out the door I do pretty good! I love the people I work with and that seriously makes all the difference.
Another reason why I think this week has gone by so fast is because when Ive been coming home from work I have been busy cleaning and organizing things.
Last night I did something I havent done in I dont know how long... I read my scriptures! I even wrote things down as I read, and that is something I never do! But I am trying to better myself and I have decided that this is a good way to do that. Ive had a lot to think about lately and Ive had some questions Ive wanted answered, and I felt that this is a good way to help those questions get answered.
So last night as I prayed I spent probably 10 minutes just praying about things that I am grateful for and I thought that I would share them with you.

I am grateful for:

-My family. Even though Im not the closest with them, I appreciate them and the things they do. I love them all so very much!
-My friends. These are the ones who have been there for me through all the good and the bad. They have stood by me and watched me make stupid choices but still have stuck it out and have given me the best advice they could.
-I am thankful for my mistakes. This probably seems like a silly thing to be grateful for, but these are things that have gotten me to where I am today. These are things that I have learned so much from. These are the things that have helped me grow in more ways than one. These are the things that have strengthened my relationship with my Saviour.
-My Job. I was really unhappy for a long time and then I was given the opportunity to get a new job and I took it! This seriously was one thing that I was blessed with. It has been a life changing experience for me, and also it has been a great blessing to me in my life. It has given me my life back, and has helped me stay happy and upbeat. Yes of course I have my hard days just like anyone else, but overall my days are quite good.
-Answers to prayers. This has been something I have had issues with in the past. I havent really felt like my prayers have been answered very often. But this past year I have had some answered. I always seem to have my prayers answered when Im going through a hard time and I dont even realize that I have prayed for anything.
-The Boy. Yes I am thankful for him. Obviously its nice to be dating someone who genuinely cares about you, and I am grateful for that. But I am more grateful for the changes he has made in my life. He came into my life when I needed him most, and when I needed to make some serious changes. Now here I am doing things I havent done in what seems like forever, and I have been happier than Ive ever been. Now obviously he hasnt made me change, but he has motivated me to be the best me I can be! For this I am grateful.

Today is Wednesday and I am grateful for many things and I thought I would share them.

Tomorrow I will let you know how tonight goes, because its Deys birthday!
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

No comments: