Monday, January 28, 2013

For Your Information

As many of you know Ive been dating someone and have given very little information about who he is. So I thought that I would maybe fill you in on a few of the details.

How we met: December 8th we met completely by chance at the UofC salsa dance club. We talked for hours on end and it was great. Then on December 16th he kissed me, and I knew right then and there that he had great potential for me to really like him.

His Name: I always call him "Mr. Man" or "The Boy" but in reality he does have a name and its Dey Rivera. Hes originally from Guatemala but moved to Toronto when he was 7. His first language is Spanish and when he speaks it Im completely mesmorized by it.

His Age: I have always said that I would only date someone who was older than me, but then slowly I started seeing guys who were younger than me and it wasnt so bad. Now I am back onto the older. Dey will be 32 on Wednesday. I know crazy right!? Im not even 26 yet, but here I am dating a guy who is 6 years older than me! But in all honesty he doesnt act like hes that much older than me. I guess thats because he is a guy and guys always act younger than their age, So Im ok with it.

What he does: Dey is a financial advisor! I can hear you all gasping now because lets face it, Vanessa and money havent always been a good thing! haha Well maybe this will be a good thing for me. But hes not allowed to see my bank account until waaaaaayyyy later!!!

How Things are going: Like I said before, we met completely by chance and I seriously didnt even want to go out that night. I am so glad that I did. I never thought that things would turn out the way that they have. Neither of us ever really expected to start anything with each other. Of course I knew that if he wanted to pursue something that I would be open to the idea, but I didnt actually think that he would want to. And now here we are, after meeting a month and a half ago, dating and things are going great. I am happy, and he is too. He tells me he misses me on a daily basis, and tells me Im beautiful all the time. These are things that Im not used to. Ive never had someone be so kind to me, and be so genuine and nice. I always picked the "bad boys" and always got hurt. This time around though, I dont see that happening. Things are getting a bit more serious and normally anything that has to do with commitment scares the heck out of me! But for some reason I want this. This past summer there were a lot of firsts for me and Laura had said that maybe these things will be what makes me ready for a serious commitment... What were these things you ask? Let me tell you!
In June I bought my bunny... Laura said, "Maybe if you commit to a pet then you can commit to a boy!"
Then in August I was finally in a wedding (Ive never made it into a wedding party before) and it was Lauras and she said "Maybe the curse is finally broken?? Maybe you just needed to be in a wedding for you to be able to find someone!" and then at her wedding I caught the bouquet! Now this isnt the first time that Ive caught the bouqet but its the first time catching one when Ive been in the wedding party and then Laura said "Maybe now it really will be your turn!" This was something that I didnt think was true. And now here I am, the happiest I think Ive ever been and I couldnt have asked for anything better!
We've shared our life goals with each other and both want to help the other achieve them. We've talked about what life would be like if things work out between us. We have even made a new goal to read our scriptures together! I used to always look at those people who said that they prayed and read their scriptures together and think that they were a little lame, but here I am about to do the same thing and I am excited to share that with him.
This year has seriously brought on many changes in my life and I am happy to see the positive outcome from them. I was upset about turning 25 and honestly at first 25 wasnt turning out to be the greatest thing for me, but here I am happy! Who would have thought!?

Well I know that Mondays generally are a bit of a downer but I thought that I would look to the good in things and because I woke up happy I thought that I would share my happiness!
Enjoy!

No comments: