Saturday, January 12, 2013

Can't Sleep

So here I am sitting in a bed with fairy sheets because I am the lucky one who gets to sleep in the 4 year olds bed... that is until she comes here and then Im banished to the floor... Thanks Mom and Dad.
Its 1am here but for me its more like 10pm because I am still on Alberta time... Oh BTW Im in halifax right now! The day finally came and I am home and so happy to be here. I love that I am with my family for the next 9 days.
I am currently blogging but not from my computer because I still havent gotten that yet. I guess that may be partly my fault because when I got home I ended up falling asleep after about an hour or so of being here and slept most of the day. Then when I got up I got ready and chatted a bit with my brother and then headed off to Halifax to see a few people. First I stopped at the mall just to see who was working there and to say Hi to them. I was there for like 15 minutes or so and then headed over to Karens to see her and Olivia. Man its so crazy how children grow up so fast! The last time I saw her it was about 5 months ago and she was still so little and couldnt really do anything but roll. Now she is crawling and even starting to walk. She has changed so much in her looks and is really becomming her own little person. She is just so cute!! It was nice seeing Karen and just catching up and talking about life and everything that has been going on over the last few months.
After I left Karens I went to Jackies to see her because she and Best Friend Uncle Bill are leaving town on Tuesday and I didnt think that I would be able to see them before they left. Also Jackie makes my favorite cookies and she said that if I came to see her she would make them! This is just an added bonus. Contrary to what Laura says, I am NOT using Jackie for her cookies! haha I love Jackie and was genuinely excited to see her. I was a little sad that Best Friend Uncle Bill wasnt there when I got there because I do love bugging him and calling him that hahaha He is seriously so funny and I think deep down he just loves and adores me... well maybe he just tolerates me but Im going to think that he realy does care haha. Well I was sitting there visiting with Jackie and the time was just flying by. We had a nice chat and then Bill walked through the door and it just made the night complete! I was so happy and excited to see him that it took everything out of me not to jump up and down in front of him!!! Seriously tonight I spent more time with Lauras family than I did my own. Dont get me wrong I am excited to see and hang out with my family but I was just so excited to see those I dont get to talk with on a regular basis. Sometimes you just need to be with your friends.
So after visiting with the O'Hearon family I got a message from Hannah and she said that she was working and wanted food and had a break coming up and I should visit her. So thats exactly what I did. I went and picked her and up and we went to Mcdonalds. This was the second time today that I went because I stopped there this morning when I got into town because I really wanted breakfast from there. Soooo good! Lets hope I smarten up and dont eat too much crap while Im here because I need to try to get fit!!!
Tomorrow.. or I should say later today... I have church and I decided to do 2 wards, my parents and the branch, because I just want to visit with so many people and I know that this will be the best way to do that. So I, the girl who has slowly been coming back to church, am doing 6 hours tomorrow!!! Crazy!! I am so happy right now being here and I cannot wait to see so many more people. I am in no way wishing my trip to go by fast, but I am very excited to get back to Calgary and see what the future has in store for me. I was told tonight that I have never smiled this much before, and its true, I havent, and thats all because there are good things ahead for me in Calgary and I am so excited for everything to happen!!!
Well, this is the end of day 1 here in Halifax and I am going to put a movie on and see if I can fall asleep to that! Hopefully tomorrow I get my computer and I can blog from there!
Happy Sunday to you all... or Saturday night if youre reading this from home in Calgary!
I will keep the updates coming!!!

Peace!!

No comments: