Monday, September 15, 2014

Thoughts of Thankfulness

I am sitting here this evening watching the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" and I started to remember what life was before I got married and how I am glad that I have found the one I am to spend the rest of my life with.
I remember being stuck in a situation where I thought I had found the love of my life and that if he just smartened up and took a deeper look he would realize that I was what he needed in his life and that things with us could be amazing together. I would sit there and day dream about how perfect he was, even with all his trials and his flaws, and how I didn't care about any issues he had at all. One day we would be together. I held onto that hope, a hope that didn't exist, for years.
As these memories came flooding back to me I, for the millionth time, felt like an idiot for being so hopelessly devoted to someone who had no want to be devoted to me and I felt a smile creep onto my face as I remembered I found that person.
Now is this the person I always imagined myself with, no, but he is what I needed at the time that I met him and he turned into the person I could imagine myself with for he rest of my life.
Don't get me wrong, there are still days where I miss having my alone time and the freedom to just do whatever I please, but I wouldn't trade the life I have now for anything. Yes we have our differences and our moments, but these are the things that people go through in relationships and it has helped us grow together.
So as I sit here with the movie playing and watching the different scenarios I am thankful for the scenario I ended up with.
Tonight I am happy.

No comments: