Saturday, June 14, 2014

ZOO ZOO ZOO

For the past 3 years I have lived in Calgary.... Well it will be 3 years next month... and I have NEVER been to the zoo. To think of it I've never gone to a real zoo before. 
Since Dominic has been born my urge to go to the zoo has intensified and as the weather has gotten nicer I have been begging Dey to go and today my begging payed off. 
We left around 1:30 and got to the zoo at 2. Finding a parking spot wasn't as hard as I thought because someone was leaving and waved us to their car. 
We got out of the car and it was a bit windy and not super warm for a baby but I didn't care because I was going to the zoo. I don't think I've been this excited for a long time. 



Dey is really bad at making sure I look good in pictures. We also had to put Dominic back in his car seat on the stroller because having him in the stroller by himself has proven to be quite tramatic lately. 


The weather got extremely nice once we got inside to zoo and all the animals decided to bask in the light and be lazy. 


I kicked some kids out of the pouch to get this picture. Dey wouldn't let me put Dominic in it. 


MONKEYS!!!


For the last little bit we took Dominic out and Dey carried him. 


I didn't want to go into the gardens but we decided to and I felt like I was in a fairy land with the butterflies just flying about. 


The peacocks today were every place we went and were calling out to I'm assuming other peacocks and scared me. I loved that they were just so calm and roaming free and walked right in front of your face. Kids would run after their tails and they would still be so peaceful. I waited to see if they would flaunt their tail but they didn't. 


If you've ever seen the BBC talking animal video then you will understand when I say "Allan!" 


I've never known how beautiful giraffes were before until I saw them up close. We came here twice so I could see them. 


Dominic actually stared at the giraffes for quite some time. They were moving a lot so I think that caught his eye. 





"In the circle of life" 


The lions were lazy as well. 


Typical Dey 


We went back to the penguins for a second time at the end of our day and Doninic was tuckered out. 


Deys favorite animals are penguins. Their calls are loud gas they made me laugh. It's mating season so the men were a bit crazy. 

I took many other pictures as well but only loaded a view. 
If I could I would go to the zoo everyday. I'm so in love with animals. Also I got some exercise and sun. I got a little burnt but it was welcomed. 

For dinner we went to Costa Vida. It was just what I wanted. It was a good end to a great day. 



Days like this make me remember how much I love life. 
It also makes me want to go out and explore things I've never seen before here in the city. 
Tonight I am going to bed a tired and happy girl. 

No comments: