Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SURPRISED!?

Working overnights has really taken a lot out of me, but I LOVE doing them. Although, this week started out a little horribly... Why, do you ask? Well let me tell you...
Sunday I woke up at 9am after only a few hours of sleep and started to get ready for church. Then I came home and tried to sleep for a bit... well that didnt happen, so by 10pm I started to gather my things so that I could catch the 10:30pm bus to work. Well I decided it would be a good idea to actually check the sunday bus schedule, and well I came to find that I MISSED THE BUS!!! I was not impressed because there was a good chance that the 11pm bus wouldnt get me to the terminal in time to catch the connecting bus, which would be the LAST bus leaving to the mall that night. So I was terrified that I wouldnt get to work, and lately when I stress about things I get really sick... no I dont throw up, but I almost do. I dont like to get sick so I talk myself out of doing it. Thats why its been almost 8 years since I last threw up... but thats beside the point....
Sooo, work that night started off with Nikki(overnight manager), Leah, Taylor, Kyla, Julien, Sarah, Nathan, Brian, and myself. Well, Leah went home sick, then shortly after so did Julien. About an hour after they left I was putting together the new boys denim wall, and that meant putting in new shelves which are about 35lbs or so... I thought they were about 15lbs, but I was wrong. As I was putting a shelf up about 6.5ft It got stuck and I tried to fix it and it FELL ON MY FOOT! Yeah It hurt a lot... my foot is now blue!
Nikki was like "Ok, walk it off, No one else can go home tonight." It hurt all night...
I later said "watch one of us trip and get a concussion and wont be able to leave because we have so much to do."
Well... at about 4:30am didnt Kyla trip and dislocate her shoulder! The head construction guy Josh drove her to the hospital. We all felt sooo bad for her. Also we have been short handed all week because people keep getting sick and because Kylas out. We've done really well every night except last night. We got a little behind, but tonight we get to make up for that.

I'm sure you are all wondering (well maybe not all because Im really not sure if anyone reads this or not) what the surprise is...
Well, no one in my family knows...
I APPLIED FOR SCHOOL!!!!
Yes, its true. Ive decided it was time to go back.
Hopefully I get into the program I want...
What is this program and school Ive applied to??
NSCC Radio & Television Arts.
Its a 2 year program, and what I want to specialize in is Radio Performance & Studio Production.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

3 comments:

Laura Dunford said...

woooohooooo for school!! and for you being HERE for atleast two more years. halleluJAH. just had to emphasize the JAH because it sounds cool.

ps. go nights go. im on my last one tonight. THANK GOODNESS.

Melissa said...

You child are tricky. Changing your blog URL... took me a tidge to re-track you down. Congrats about school. That sounds like it'll be good.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Vanessa, good for you! You'll do great.