Saturday, July 19, 2014

Date Night

Tonight Dey and I went to the movies. It was the first time I've been to the movies in almost 7 months. Dominic stayed home with Ninette and It was still hard for me to leave. It was the second time I left Dominic with someone other than Dey. 
I didn't cry this time so that's progress. 
We went and saw the movie The Purge. It's about a law that is passed in the USA to control the population by allowing everyone to break any and every law for 12 hours once a year. 
I wanted to see it because it's a suspense movie and I didn't want to watch one that was too emotional. 
So part way through the movie a guy came in and started searching through a bunch of chairs on his knees towards the back of the theatre. Dey and I both felt very uncomfortable and were unsure what he was going to do. I honestly started getting really nervous because here are people killing people on the screen and I thought that he was going to pull out a weapon. Dey asked if I wanted to get up and leave and I froze. The guy ended up leaving and Dey followed him out to hear him say that he didn't find what he was looking for. 
Shortly there after another man came in and stood at the back wearing a uniform and stared at us. As we left when the movie was done the uniformed man was standing out there and was wearing a K-9 unit uniform. Honestly I was very tense and thought that I was in trouble. Today's world is so unpredictable and it's made me realize that we never know what could happen to you when you leave the house. I know that this situation isn't anything compared to what others go through but it was quite nerve wracking and it's made me so thankful that I get to live the life I do. I love my family and my friends and feel blessed to be a mother to my son. Tonight I am counting my blessings and wishing that everyone who is or has gone through something tramatic and or life threatening situation find peace love and safety. 


No comments: