Monday, December 31, 2012

The Best Moments of 2012

I thought since today was the end of 2012 that maybe I should write a blog about all the highlights of this past year.
There have been many things that have occured over this past year that I consider to be downfalls, but I didnt want to focus on those. Im trying to stay positive and look at the bright side.
So here is 2012 at a glance!

JANUARY: Not a whole lot really happened that I can actually remember, but I did realize that sometimes it's ok to kiss someone because they are there and not actually have any romantic feelings for them... Now this isnt something that I do on a regular basis, but the opportunity presented itself and I took it!

FEBRUARY: This was the month that I got to go home and see my family after 7 months of not seeing them. The best part was that my family had no idea that I was coming home. Seeing the looks on all of their faces as I walked up to them and the realization that it was in fact me standing in front of them was priceless! It was a great feeling being home with family and friends.

MARCH: This month there was a specific date that meant pretty much everything to me, and that was the 12th. On this day I started my new job at RECA (real estate council of alberta) and this was the day that my life seemed to change in more ways than one. This was the day that my happiness slowly started to come back.

APRIL: Again this was another month that not a lot of things happened, but I did get the chance to go to Regina for Easter with Kayla and meet her family. This weekend was so funny. I had heard stories before and had "met" some of her family via facetime, but never did I expect them to be as funny and cool as they were. I had one of the best Easters ever at her house and I just fell in love with her family!

MAY: Ok, on the 20th of this month I turned 25 and that is not a good thing at all for me. For those of you who know me I tend to cry on my birthday, and this year I was exceptionally emotional for many reasons... However, I did say that I was trying to look at the postive side of things, so here it goes. I turned 25 and this seemed to be a turning point in my life. Many good things happend after I turned 25 that made it ok for me to be this age.

JUNE: On the 4th I got my very first real pet. I bought my bunny! Even though he smells sometimes and he hates people I still love him. He is super cute when he wants to be.
Also this was the month that I had the one of the best weeks since moving out here. I was able to have a life and meet new people and just have a good time.

JULY: On the 6th of July I flew home because my brother Jeremy was getting married! It was crazy to think that he would actually be getting married. The only reason why I say that is because he had been engaged before and it never worked out and I was worried that this time would be no different. I am so happy that it did because I love his wife Kim! She is a gem!!
This month also brought my very first Stampede experience and it was great because I LOVE rides!!! I love the rush and the thrill of it all! I had a blast.
Now on the 28th of this month is when I had a little incident with my front door that brought a lot of laughs from those inside my house because they didnt believe me that it was as bad as it was. However, an x-ray, a tetnis shot, 8 stitches and an air cast later it was worse than the other anticipated. This I think was a semi good experience because it taught those around me to maybe take a me a little more seriously when I say Im really hurt and about to pass out from the pain! : )

AUGUST: This month was a busy month. It brought a lot of changes in the lives of those around me and I was lucky enough to be apart of these changes. The biggest thing that happened this month was on the 28th... LAURA GOT MARRIED! My bestie got married and I got to be apart of it. I had the opportunity to travel and see a few places that I probably would never have had the chance to see if it werent for her getting married.

SEPTEMBER: This month was just a hectic month with work and it made me realize that I needed to take the initiative at some point and work to move up in the company. It was crazy at the front desk and I realized that as much as I loved the people in my department I was going to need a change because I wouldnt be able to handle this much longer.

OCTOBER: This month was exceptionally busy for me, and it was actually a great month! I seriously had so much fun! On the 2nd I got to see CARRIE UNDERWOOD! The tickets were crap but it was so great being able to see her live. I love her and have wanted to see her for years but never had the chance to, and when I found out she was coming here I was so happy that I would finally have a chance to see her. About a week later on the 12th I had another dream come true... This dream was bigger than the dream to see Carrie... I was able to see JUSTIN BIEBER! I can already hear the judgment in your tones about this, but in all honesty I dont care. I love the Biebs and having the chance to see him live was something I had wanted for a long time and if I was still in NS then I would never have had the opportunity to see him. It was a great concert and so worth it! The very next day was obviously the 13th but this day was another special day because my other best friend Kayla got married! I was super tired but it was great being apart of her day and seeing her happy!!!

NOVEMBER: This was the month where the countdown began... The countdown to go home that is! There was an amazing seat sale and I jumped at the opportunity to go home in January because I wasn't going to be able to go home for Christmas. Also this was the month that I booked a car and drove to Edmonton to see a lot of my friends that I hadnt seen in years, and this was also the weekend I got away from all my fears and doubts about living in Calgary and regained some reassurance as to why Im living here. The weekend wasnt a perfect weekend but it was exactly what I needed it to be! I came back to Calgary happy and that was all I was really asking for!

DECEMBER: This month is also full of great things like Christmas, getting a new position at work and getting Taylor Swift tickets for June!!! But there is one date in particular that stands out the most. The night of Dec. 8th 2012 is when the saying "...When you least expect it" became something I could actually believe in. Im not ready to go into full detail on that just yet, but Im thinking one day very soon I will be!!

So today marks the last day of 2012 and I am ready to say goodbye. Looking back over the year there have been many things that have happened in my life that I am thankful for, but I am ready for a fresh start and a new year to start them in!
So here's to 2013 bringing more unexpected things into my life!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: